Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing wrinkles with Burn and Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, I'm going to work on cleaning up some of the wrinkles and small blemishes in the image.…So let's double click the Zoom tool to take it to 100%.…Here we can see some of the details we'll get when the image is finally printed.…Let's begin to work on wrinkles.…We'll zoom in even further and we'll create a new layer, Shift+Command+N on a Mac,…Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC; we'll call this c2 for cleanup 2.…We'll select the Clone Stamp tool by pressing the S key.…Change it to a Blend mode of Lighten either by selecting Lighten from the drop-down menu…or using the shortcut we learned previously is Shift+Option+G on a Mac,…Shift+Alt+G on a PC and a nice little Opacity about 30% here.…
And let's go ahead and zoom in on this wrinkle right here on her hand and I'll sample an area next to it.…It has nice tone there.…What I want to do is just bring this out so I'm going to go ahead and paint this away.…So I'm using the Clone Stamp tool now for some burning and dodging reasons.…Let's see how we're doing before and after, that's looking good.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.