Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing skin color variation, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In the previous movie, we did some nice cleanup work.…Let's take a look at our before and after, before and after very nice.…Let's merged down the cleanup work we did.…So click in the top layer c2, hold down the Shift key and clicking the layer clean up and press Command+E on a Mac,…Ctrl+E on a PC and we'll name this layer clean up.…Next, what I want to do in this movie is deal with a little bit of the red blotchiness.…Now it's not that bad but you can see there a little bit of blotchiness there.…So let's click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Hue/ Saturation and navigate to the Reds.…
Now if I increase the saturation of the Reds, we can see where the problem really is.…Now that looks horrible, we can also de-saturate to see the face has a lot of reds in it.…Well how does it actually work?…Here we have a rainbow of colors down here.…The top is the current color and then here is how we've reassigned the color.…So what I can do is say, you know what, I want to work on a little bit more narrow area of color, this coloring here…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.