Join Julieanne Kost to discover how to include painting tool options by saving tool presets to include options such as blend mode, color, and opacity. See how to prepare a layer for masking, record paint strokes, and stroke paths with actions.
- [Instructor] While most tools not only record…the selection of the tool, for example the Crop Tool,…it will also store all of the different options…in the Options bar, such as whether or not…to save pixels when you're cropping, or delete them.…Or if you select the Marquee Tool,…it saves if there's a feather applied,…or the Type Tool would record the font and the size.…However the painting tools do not.…When we select the painting tools,…Photoshop only records the selection of the tool,…not the options in the Options bar,…so when you run an action at a different time,…it's just going to use whatever state…the brush is in.…
So let's take a look at how we can solve this problem…by saving a tool preset.…I'm going to start with the Dodge and Burn Tool,…so I'll tap the O key, and that's going to…select either the Dodge, Burn, or Sponge Tool.…So I want the Dodge Tool selected,…and I'm going to setup a tool preset…that will dodge the shadows…at a really low percentage, like three percent.…Then I'll click on the tool preset picker,…
- Quickly saving images as different file types
- Creating single and multi-step actions
- Saving and loading actions
- Inserting stops, menu items, and conditionals
- Tips for working with layers
- Using the Batch command
- Creating droplets
- Automatically creating graphics from layers using generators
- Working with variables and scripts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Quickly Saving Images as Different File Types
2. Action Essentials
3. Tips and Tricks for Recording Actions
4. Using the Batch Command
5. Droplets, Variables, and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.