Mike Rankin shows how to recognize the different types of layers in the Photoshop Layers panel, including Adjustment layers, pixel layers, type layers, embedded smart objects, linked smart objects, and the background layer. He also shows how to filter and search for layers.
- [Instructor] Photoshop supports several different … kinds of layers and you should be familiar … with all of them for the ACA exam. … So let's take a look at layer types. … First, to make the content of some layers … easier to see in the Layers panel, … I'll go to the panel menu and choose Panel Options … and then choose Thumbnail Contents, Layer Bounds. … That way, small elements like the sun graphic … and the woman's photo would be a lot easier … to spot in the panel. … And starting with the top of the Layers panel, … we have an Adjustment Layer … and you can tell that from its thumbnail, … which is half light and half dark, … just like the Adjustment Layer button … at the bottom of the panel. … This layer applies a black and white adjustment … to simulate our black and white printing of the color … and I can see that if I turned on … the visibility of the layer. … Double-click the thumbnail to change the effect. … For example, I can add a tint to make a duo-tone effect … and while we're talking about double-clicking …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.