Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Rain damaged type, part of Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects (2018).
- I'd like to show you how to create…this water damage type,…and to do so, we'll be using the Mixer brush.…If I switch to my starting state,…we see that we have one layer of type on a white background.…Now I need to add a new empty layer above my layer of type.…I'm then going to come and choose my mixer brush tool.…With my mixer brush, I need these settings.…I'm going to choose this preset, Very Wet Heavy Mix,…Sample All Layers must be checked so that…we can pick up the paint from the layers beneath,…the type and the white background,…and then paint them onto Layer 1.…
And then, over here, for these options,…I want to make sure that Load solid colors only…is not checked, that the next one over,…Load the brush after each stroke, also not checked,…but that Clean the brush after each stroke is checked.…So now I need to choose the right kind of brush.…I'll come to my brush picker and…I'm going to choose a brush from my legacy brushes.…
So down here, are my legacy brushes,…and if you don't see them,…you can come and Restore Default Brushes.…
- Illustrating a concept
- Modifying letterforms
- Creating distressed text with a displacement map
- Creating effects such as smoky or fiery type
- Painting type with custom brushes
- Creating print-inspired type effects
- Working with multilayered type
- Creating a type portrait
- Creating nostalgic type treatments
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Textureswith Nigel French1h 47m Intermediate
1. Simple Type Effects
2. Damaged and Distressed Type
3. Real-World Type Effects
4. Print-Inspired Type Effects
5. Type and Pattern
6. Type Portraits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.