This video explores the characteristics and usage of the RGB color mode.
- [Instructor] In these next few movies,…I'll show the same image in different color modes.…This is the RGB version.…It has three color channels,…red, green, and blue,…superimposed upon each other…with the composite, or RGB, channel.…Each of the color channels is made up of brightness levels…on a scale of zero to 255,…with zero being black and 255 being white.…I've taken three color samples on this image.…
The first, number one,…let's just open up the info panel,…is in a shadow area.…Sample point number two is in a mid-tone area,…and sample point number three is in a highlight area.…So if I edit this image with a curves adjustment,…and I can reach my adjustment layers…either by clicking on the black-white circle,…or by clicking on the icon on the adjustments panel.…And I'm going to tear off the properties panel…and make this curves dialog a little bigger.…
So when editing an RGB image with the curves adjustment,…if I move the curve up, I am adding light,…and things are getting brighter.…If I just move this over,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.