What is Quick Mask mode? Learn how to adjust the settings and use it for making quick and easy selections.
- [Instructor] If you happen to use a Wacom tablet,…or a Cintiq, or even an iPad Pro…hooked up to your computer using something like Duet,…you might like this method of making selections.…It's called Quick Mask…and you'll find Quick Mask,…let's get into the layer with my image.…You'll find Quick Mask here…right at the bottom of the tools panel.…And before you use it, I wanna double click on it…and make sure that the options are set properly.…By default, you're gonna see it set to Masked Areas,…but I much prefer to work with Selected Areas…so that the part I'm coloring in…is actually the part that I want selected.…
So, we'll click OK…and then we'll click on Quick Mask to turn it on,…and now we can start working.…And I'm gonna paint.…So, let me zoom in a little bit more…and grab a paintbrush.…And, in this case, I'd like it to be…a Hard Round brush.…You can adjust the size with the bracket keys.…And I am just gonna paint the areas…that I wanna mask.…And it always paints in pink.…And I'm painting with black.…
So, I am using black,…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Introducing Photoshop: Designwith Deke McClelland4h 35m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.