The Quick Mask mode is another way to create selections and in combination with the Brush tool and the other selection tools. It's a powerful way to create highly complex selections.
- [Instructor] If you're not already happy … with the possibilities that the marquee selection tools … and the lasso tool provide you, … I have yet another very powerful … selection tool to show you. … In order to demonstrate it, … I first want to make a selection … with the lasso tool. … And now if we have a look into the toolbar, … we encounter this little button here … which lets us activate the Quick Mask mode. … I click it, … and here we are. … In Quick Mask mode, … our canvas gets covered up by a red, half transparent mask. … Only the parts that are inside … our selection remain unchanged. … The great thing about the Quick Mask mode is … that being inside it, … we can use any color application tool … to adjust our selection. … So let's just pick the brush tool here. … The rule is that when you apply white color … inside the Quick Mask mode, … you add to your existing selection. … The red overlay vanishes, … and your selection grows. … If you paint with black, … you subtract from your existing selection. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.