Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick Mask mode, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- If you're not already happy with the possibilities…of the Marquee Selection and the Lasso Selection Tool,…there's another way to make a selection…and it's called the Quick Mask mode.…You can activate it here down in the tool palette…and I will just click it and now we see here…in our document bar that we are in the Quick Mask.…Well, it looks like nothing has happened…and if I use my brush tool now,…I will see that it paints in red.…
What's going on here?…I have black selected as a color,…why am I painting red?…The reason is…that I'm not painting color right now,…I'm painting a selection…and a selection is shown in red color.…Maybe this will be more apparent if I leave…the Quick Mask mode now.…Now I'm back in Standard mode…and I see the selection that I have just created…with my brush.…
If I now paint,…I will see that I'm…not painting the way I would expect,…I'm painting outside of my selection.…If I zoom out,…I will see what happened.…What happened is that the Quick Mask mode…created a selection that fills our whole digital canvas…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.