In this video, experiment with the Puppet Warp tool to interactively bend and distort the content of a layer.
- One particularly fun function of Photoshop … is the puppet warp. … In order to use it i have again selected a portion of my … canvas, outlining this branch here … and again I want to duplicate it, … by holding the Ctrl key, on the Mac Cmd key … and the alt key. My cursor switches to this double arrow and … by clicking and dragging I create … a duplicate of my branch. … I can move it around … Now I first want to bring it into a position … that works in a general way … for that I will use the free transform. … My idea is … to attach the branch … here … to the bottom of the existing branch. … Maybe rotate it a little bit, … and now when I'm happy with the general placement, I apply … the transformation with a check mark here in the option bar. … Now I have a general placement of the element, but I want to … deform it now, and for that I'm going to use the puppet warp … under edit, puppet wrap, I can enter into the puppet warp … mode and at first it look like nothing happens, … but now we have click at different points …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.