Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Project overview, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this series of movies what we're going to do is,…create this little eyeshadow compact.…Now, there's a lot of things to be considered here,…the reflections, the textures of the make-up,…the shadows, highlights,…all the different things that make up an image.…Most important of all, because of so many lines…in the angle that we're looking at it,…perspective is so crucial.…So what you're going to learn is…all the different things that went into creating this.…It's not just an idea of going in there…and just drawing away.…No. This is a product illustration.…
It has to look accurate and it has to look real…because, if the perspective is off,…even the untrained eye will see it as something wrong.…So all these different elements that make up the image,…that's what you're going to learn in these movies.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.