Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Project overview, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this series of movies, what were going to do…is create that little nail polish bottle…that you're seeing on the screen.…Now, there's a lot that went into this,…all kinds of little highlights and shadows,…and little reflections and things going on.…But what's most important is that I didn't…have something to look at to create this.…Many times, I'm hired to create an illustration of…a product that doesn't yet exist.…So, it's very important to know what it is…that you're trying to achieve.…Now, the way to do this is to actually use…real objects to study how things work.…
Don't guess at what light's going to do…and how it's going to reflect on something,…get little models, make little models for yourself,…and just light them and look at the way…shadows are being affected, and look at how…highlights are being affected,…see how edges of glass will pick up a little highlight…here and there, and a little shadow from somewhere else.…By studying reality that allows you to then…go in there and recreate reality when,…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.