Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Project overview, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this series of movies,…what I'm going to do is show how this…device here was created.…Now, it is a temperature control device for wine cellars.…There was absolutely no reference for this…that I was given by the client…except for a set of blueprints…of what the device is going to look like…and some swatches of…what the materials were going to be.…I had to, pretty much, wing it all the way.…Fortunately, it came out exactly the way unit did.…This was used for quite a few different illustrations.…One of them was a straight on shot like this.…
One of them was, actually, a cutaway.…I'm going to show you how that was done.…There's various parts here like the grills,…so we're going to cover all these.…There's one here, the mesh,…I'm not going to cover that one because,…Pixel Playground, I did a thing called…Creating a metal grill back in December of 2013.…I would suggest you go look at that little video…because I created a grill…very similar to this but far more intricate.…It's not as hard as it looks,…it's just a pattern but it's a irregular pattern…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.