Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Project overview, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- In this series, we're gonna talk about a particular cover…that I was commissioned to do for a magazine.…Now, this is what the client sent me.…Not much.…Just this area here telling me…where the information was gonna go.…Here's where my illustration was gonna happen.…Right in there.…And the only thing they told me is…that the article had to do with home theaters…and how the new trend is for people…to buy these giant televisions…and great sound systems instead…of going out to the movies.…Just staying home and watching their movies at home.…
So, based on that concept and this space,…I came up with this little comp here.…This is what I sent the client.…I said this is basically the shapes that I want…and the concepts that I want to go with…and, based on this, they said, "Good."…I told them that it would be a lot more detail and so on.…They made very few changes.…In fact the only change they made, pretty much,…was right there.…Instead of Mi Casa Cinema,…which means My House Cinema,…here's the finished piece right there.…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
The Making of Amsterdam Mist: The Vehicleswith Bert Monroy3h 56m Intermediate
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.