Processing Product Photos with Photoshop
Processing product shots requires a slightly different set of skills than retouching portraits. But with Photoshop and the techniques shown in this course, you can take raw photos of any product—jewelry or electronics—and turn them into ad-ready images. Follow along with Kevin Stohlmeyer, as he color corrects and retouches photos and then makes them pop off the screen with silhouettes, realistic highlights and shadows, and vibrant color. He also shares a series of Photoshop actions and other automation techniques he uses to speed up his workflow.
- Selecting the right product shot for post-processing
- Using a tablet for detail work
- Adjusting exposure
- Correcting color cast
- Removing dust and scratches
- Retouching a product shot with the Healing tools
- Creating silhouettes with layer masks and clipping paths
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Replacing product colors
- Automating parts of your workflow
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Kevin Stohlmeyer, I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor, and welcome to Processing Product Photos in Adobe Photoshop. In this course, we'll be learning techniques for retouching and doing post-production work using Adobe Photoshop on various product shots. First, we will take a look at getting started with the right kinda photograph for processing. Next, we'll take a look at non-destructive editing techniques, including using the healing and clone stamp tools, and filters. Here, we'll investigate when to use a clipping path or layer mask to create silohettes of our images. Then we will learn to recreate shadows, using existing sources or creating them from scratch.
Next, I'll take you through the process of adding a new label to your product, creating highlights and shadows, and using layer counts to present your work. Finally, we'll go through the various options for automating some of the processes we have learned. This course is for intermediate Photoshop users. Let's get started.
Up and Running with Lighting: Natural Light192,210 Views
Exploring Adobe Camera Raw: Making Selective Adjustments53,208 Views
Excel 2013: Working with Dates and Times75,071 Views
Unity 3D 3.5 Essential Training786,893 Views
Crystal Reports 2013: Experts and Customizing Reports17,046 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,294,268 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,064,359 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views