Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing to stitch, part of Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you have a set of panoramic images, you're ready to stitch them into a finished whole.…Before we can construct the stitching process though, we need a little…preparation on our images.…I'm here in Bridge, and I've got these four images that are a panoramic set.…I have stacked them, as I recommended earlier, because stacking is a great way of…keeping related images together.…Let's take a look at them, though.…Switching to Filmstrip View.…And the Preview Pane, Preview Pane always shows you every image that is currently…selected, so I'm seeing all four here.…We're going to look at what they are there.…
There are just images that pan across this vista here.…A few things to note here.…There's a car right here.…I'd rather not have that in my finished panorama.…I could go in with the Retouch Brush in Raw and take that out.…The problem is it's also in this image right there, and it's in this image right here.…I've to retouch all three, and I don't know which part of which image is…actually going to end up in the final panorama.…
- Getting the shot: landscape-specific shooting tips and tricks
- Choosing the right equipment
- Cropping and straightening images
- Making localized color and tonal adjustments
- Reducing noise
- Guiding the viewer’s eye with localized adjustments
- Adding a vignette
- Using gradient masks to create seamless edits
- Approaching adjustments like a painter–thinking in light and shadow
- HDR imaging
- Creating panoramas: shooting and post-processing techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6with Chris Orwig6h 28m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Performing Basic Edits in Camera Raw
3. Localized Editing and Color Correction in Camera Raw
4. Final Steps in Camera Raw
5. Performing Additional Edits in Photoshop
7. HDR Imaging
8. Converting to Black and White
Black-and-white conversion7m 13s
9. Putting It All Together and Thinking Like a Painter
10. Outputting Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.