Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing the ground, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] We're going to look at how…we can make an advertisement look as if it belongs…inside this magazine, with the ability, of course,…to swap out the contents for any other ad later.…Here's the plan that I've prepared, this photograph,…a woman looking at a magazine.…I've added as a new layer a page from the magazine.…It's a blank page that exactly matches the space…of the original, and you can see I've added little shading…on here, both in the fold and under the thumb,…which will just make the whole thing look…that much more realistic.…
In this file, magazine.psd, we've got all the elements…for our advertisement.…We'll start by selecting all these layers,…and the easiest way to do that is to click…on the bottom one, hold the shift key,…and click on the top one.…Now that they're all selected, we can pick them up…and simply drag them from this document into this one.…When we release the mouse button, there they are.…So they're all here as separate layers.…
While they're still selected, let's turn that…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.