In this video, create a rough sketch based on your color composition.
- Here's our rough color sketch … in which we have collected our ideas … about the colors that we want to see … in our digital painting, … and we've also established a first composition … with the different shapes that we've created … but the composition still needs some adjustments. … For example, the truck shape is a bit too close … to the lower edge of our frame. … Also, we need some more specific ideas … for the forms of the rocks, hills, … and mountains in our artwork. … And all these aspects are best handled … by creating a rough preliminary drawing. … In order to create that, … I will go over into the layer pallet here … and decrease the opacity of our color sketch … and I create a new layer for our preliminary drawing. … I switched the color to black … and I also want to change to one of my sketch brushes. … Clicking the right mouse button opens up … the brush selector here, … and way up there we find my pencil brush sketcher. … That's the brush that I want to use. … And first thing is to outline the frame, here. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.