Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Pre-rendering for an efficient workflow, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop.
In my typical workflow before I start introducing graphic elements and…other pieces into my edited video here, I end up using a technique called pre-rendering.…I find this tends to make things a little bit more efficient when …I'm working with graphics.…Now pre-rendering is just the process of taking everything that we've done …so far and creating one self-contained, flattened, if you will, QuickTime file.…Basically, what that means is I'll export this and then we'll no longer …be able to go into the Smart Object for these animated stills and edit each individual still.…
This will in turn just make one precise QuickTime.…The advantage of doing this is the fact that Photoshop doesn't necessarily have…to process all of those individual elements as individual pieces anymore.…Now just because I am integrating some graphics into the scene, I am going to…turn off these Adjustment layers and I'll leave these set up so when I bring…my video back in, I can use these as a method of blending my graphics into the background videos.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.