Practical Photoshop CS5 Selections
Practical Photoshop CS5 Selections reveals the importance of making precise selections, whether for masking or making color and tone adjustments, and how to make them with the tools in Adobe Photoshop. Author Rich Harrington shows how to make a basic selection with the Select menu commands and the Marquee, Lasso, and Magic Wand tools, and then refine it with Expand and Contract, Smooth and Feather, Quick Masks, and other controls. The course also covers advanced techniques such as selecting with Color Range and working with channels. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and today, we're gonna be taking a look at practical Photoshop selections. Now, a selection in Photoshop is simply choosing the pixels that you want to modify. And without a selection, you're really leaving a lot on the table. You see, selections can be used to refine adjustments to just localized area of an image, or they could actually be used to create masks and transparency. True power users know that selections are the key to more accurate adjustments and better looking photos. The techniques we're gonna explore today will work with nearly all versions of Photoshop, so no matter what version you have, you can get more out of it after watching this class.
We've got a lot ahead of us, so let's jump in.
Artist at Work: Developing a Composition10,990 Views
Creating Dynamic Menus180,041 Views
Type Project: Punk Album Art12,085 Views
Lighting with Flash: Portrait of a Beekeeper and His Bees42,125 Views
Mixing a Rock Song in Pro Tools46,808 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views