Just as the images you capture with your camera are rarely—if ever—ready to go straight from the camera, your scans need digital tune-ups, too. Explore different enhancement methods to make your scans the best possible version of themselves.
- Photography is definitely one of…my favorite creative outlets.…I take a lots and lots of pictures,…both for clients and just for fun.…As I mentioned in my video course on photography…and also in each of the books I've written…about taking pictures, I've written like five of them.…I have yet snap a photo that I felt was 100% ready…to show straight from the camera.…It just doesn't seem to work that way.…Pretty much, any photo can use a little…or maybe a whole lot, of exposure fine tuning,…contrast boosting, color tweaking and/or spot removal.…
Among other things.…Scans are no different.…In fact, because scanners weren't really designed…to capture display quality images,…you should, pretty much, plan on taking…all your scanned images into programs…like Photoshop or Lightroom, which is where…I'm at right now, in Lightroom.…I'm here for some digital TLC.…Let's talk about this for a few.…I'm gonna be talking to you as though you know…some basics about image enhancement software.…But don't worry, this stuff won't be complex…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Intermediate
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.