Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Positioning the subject and adding rope, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Here we are going to take a look at how we can build or create another…imaginative composite image.…This particular composite image was captured by one of my former students, Chris Lotimer.…Chris thanks a ton for the idea and for the use of the file.…Chris created this composite where you had this guy repelling off of this giant…Coke can in one of my advanced Photoshop classes, and everyone in the class…liked the composite so much I thought it'd be fun to work on here.…Well let's go ahead and take a look at the layers that we have to work with.…
For starters, we have a typography layer.…This is Chris's name here, Chris Lotimer and Chris thanks a ton for the use of this file.…You can also see Chris here repelling out of his apartment window and then…we have another layer which shows just some of the rope dangling out of his apartment window.…You also will notice that I have a couple of masks here that I've…already created for us.…If we Shift+Click on these masks that will then remove the rope and also the…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.