Mike Rankin explains the benefits of placing assets into a Photoshop document with the Smart Object feature and compare that to what can happen when you copy and paste from one document to another. He also shows the difference between an embedded smart object and a linked smart object.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … we'll look at the benefits of placing assets … into a Photoshop document … with the smart object feature … and compare that to what can happen … when you copy and paste from one document to another. … So here in our exercise files, … we have a cheetah and we also have a snail. … And let's say we're supposed to combine them … to show the two of them racing. … A very simple way to do that … would be to just select the entire snail … by pressing Command or Control + A, … copy it by pressing Command or Control + C, … switch over to the cheetah document … and press Command or Control + V to paste. … And now to size the snail relative to the cheetah, … I'll just press Command or Control + T to transform it … and drag one of the transformation handles … to make it really small. … Down to about there is fine. … And I'll click the check mark in the options bar … to accept the transformation. … But then about a week later, … say I get an email from my boss saying, "No, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.