Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching
In this course, photographer, author, and teacher Chris Orwig details the tools every photographer needs to retouch portraits to make them look their best while remaining authentic. The course includes an overview of the retouching process and how to develop a plan for a retouching project.
After exploring techniques to improve the overall photo, Chris shares his techniques for reducing wrinkles, enhancing eyes and other facial features, improving hair, and retouching makeup. The course concludes with a look at retouching skin and reshaping portions of a portrait using transformations, the Warp tool, and the Liquify filter.
- Using selections and cloning to remove small distractions
- Removing lint
- Improving skin
- Removing tan lines
- Correcting tone with Curves and masking
- Burning and dodging
- Reducing wrinkles
- Enhancing eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Fixing flyaway hairs
- Adding and changing makeup
- Softening and adding a glow to skin
- Reshaping the body subtly
- Welcome, my name is Chris Orwig. You know, one of my favorite types of photography is people photography. There's something fascinating about trying to capture a single frame of a person that somehow conveys a bit of their essence, personality, or character. And here in this course, we're gonna focus in on portrait retouching. We'll start off with looking at how we can reduce or remove distractions or blemishes. We'll also spend some time working with skin. We'll look at how we can enhance and soften skin.
We'll explore how we can brighten or even change the color of eyes. We'll look at how we can reduce and remove wrinkles and also how we can brighten or whiten teeth. We'll also look at how we can work with makeup, whether we want to change the color of makeup or add it using Photoshop. So, in this course, I'm gonna share with you all of the techniques that you need to know in order to achieve professional retouching results. We'll we have a lot of ground to cover in this course, so without further delay, let's begin.
Pastel Drawing with Photoshop29,325 Views
Convert iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Apps9,188 Views
Customer Segmentation40,675 Views
Landscape Photography: California's Mobius Arch38,998 Views
Shooting Effective Business Portraits123,527 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,784,856 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,357 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,769,278 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,408,723 Views