Creature creator Rayce Bird, the winner of Face Off, shows how to take a normal portrait and turn it into a hideously frightening zombie with Photoshop. He starts at the very beginning: finding the right image to zombify. He then shifts to "preparing the canvas," where he makes some initial adjustments to get the image going in the right scary direction. From there, it's all about the details, including teeth, veins, bone, blood, color correction, and the proper lighting. In the end, members will have a perfectly horrific zombie version of themselves.
- Finding the right reference images
- Making anatomy changes with the Liquify tool
- Creating custom texture brushes
- Adding zombie features: bone, blood, and gore
- Adding color
- Adjusting the lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Rayce Bird, concept artist, creature creator, and season two winner of Face Off. Thanks for joining me as I teach you how to turn yourself or someone you love into a zombie with Photoshop. Throughout the course, you'll learn how to create a realistic zombie creature. I'll start by showing you how to choose the right photos for your zombie base, and the gross, nasty textures you'll need for your total zombie makeover. Next, I'll show you how to make some custom brushes, and lay in some real images of bone and meat.
After that I'll show you some really cool tricks to making your zombie look bloody, nasty and just plain gross. To wrap it up, I'll take you through how to modify the lighting in your scene, and add some color correction and overlays, as the final finishing touches. Now get ready to turn yourself, your family, your friends into horrifying zombies.