Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Fashion Editorial
Join professional retoucher Timothy Sexton in this installment of Photoshop Retouching Techniques as he shows how to enhance fashion spreads, while keeping the integrity of the original photos intact. Learn how to tame flyaways and add depth and highlights to hair, smooth clothing and create a better fit for the model, and perform subtle body shaping. Along the way, Timothy explains how physical and digital tools complement each other, and shows how to make the right level of adjustment that does justice to the original vision of the photographer.
- Setting up your workspace
- Making hair manageable with the Clone Stamp tool
- Using Liquify to shape hair
- Smoothing wrinkles on fabric
- Elongating the model with layers
- My name is Timothy Sexton, I am a professional retoucher in New York City working in the fashion industry. Retouching is a passion of mine that I just happen to get paid for. Retouching editorial work is a favorite aspect of my job. I believe fashion editorial photography is the most interesting form of fine art accessible to everyone. In this course I will be using three different images to illustrate three specific aspects of imaging. Body shaping, using Liquify and transform to help with the overall composition of the image.
Fixing hair using the proper tools and settings to keep the photographer's vision from the shoot. Tailoring clothes and working wrinkles with the idea of making the garments expensive feeling. I will also be showing you how to best use your Wacom tablet and Stylus pen in conjunction with brush settings in Photoshop. Understanding the technical aspects of Photoshop is important to improve your workflow. Ideally, you wanna get to a point where you don't think about the moves and the settings you need to make, they become instinct as you work through your images.
At the same time that the technical skill is important, you don't wanna lose sights of your instincts as an artist. It's your sensibilities in the end that will make your work stand out. So let's get to it.
Photoshop for Photographers: Lighting Effects158,759 Views
Enhancing an Environmental Portrait with Photoshop97,807 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effects435,331 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Color Emphasis79,894 Views
Portrait Project: Changing a Sky Background50,097 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced664,677 Views