- View Offline
- Creating a more expressive photograph with Camera Raw
- Correcting under- and overexposure
- Improving light in certain areas of an image with masks and the Radial Filter
- Painting in brightness with Curves and masking
- Correcting exposure with a gradient mask
- Brightening and darkening with blend modes
- Working with the Burn and Dodge tools
- Adding light and multiple colors with the Lighting Effects filter
- Creating a realistic glow
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Chris] Welcome my name is Chris Orwig and this course is all about light. Light is central to photography and in this course we'll begin by working with Camera and here we'll cover topics like how we can correct and modify exposure. We'll talk about the quality and the color of light. In Photoshop we'll look at how we can turn a selection into a mask in order to modify a specific area of a photograph. We'll look at how we can use blending modes to add contrast and color or to change brightness.
And we'll dodge and burn in order to add some drama or to improve a portrait by reducing shadows on the face. Look at how we can use the lighting effects filter to add light sources to our photographs, whether that's to add one light or multiple lights. So thanks for joining me, let's begin!