Photoshop for Photographers: Lighting Effects
Lighting is central to photography and most of it is captured during a photo shoot. However, you can often create amazing lighting effects after the photo is taken with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. Photographer and teacher Chris Orwig shows you how. First, you'll learn to modify exposure and enhance the color and quality of light with Camera Raw. Then turning to Photoshop, Chris shows how to mask corrections to a specific area of an image and add contrast and color with blending modes. Plus, learn to dodge and burn away shadows and add one or more light sources to your photos with the Lighting Effects filter.
- Creating a more expressive photograph with Camera Raw
- Correcting under- and overexposure
- Improving light in certain areas of an image with masks and the Radial Filter
- Painting in brightness with Curves and masking
- Correcting exposure with a gradient mask
- Brightening and darkening with blend modes
- Working with the Burn and Dodge tools
- Adding light and multiple colors with the Lighting Effects filter
- Creating a realistic glow
- [Chris] Welcome my name is Chris Orwig and this course is all about light. Light is central to photography and in this course we'll begin by working with Camera and here we'll cover topics like how we can correct and modify exposure. We'll talk about the quality and the color of light. In Photoshop we'll look at how we can turn a selection into a mask in order to modify a specific area of a photograph. We'll look at how we can use blending modes to add contrast and color or to change brightness.
And we'll dodge and burn in order to add some drama or to improve a portrait by reducing shadows on the face. Look at how we can use the lighting effects filter to add light sources to our photographs, whether that's to add one light or multiple lights. So thanks for joining me, let's begin!
Photoshop for Photographers: Color Emphasis80,136 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effects435,709 Views
Portrait Project: Changing a Sky Background50,271 Views
Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Fashion Editorial97,701 Views
Enhancing an Environmental Portrait with Photoshop97,928 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,448,203 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training515,189 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,775,021 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,524 Views