- View Offline
- Why render in Photoshop?
- Scanning artwork and fabric
- Using dodge and burn
- Making brushes to paint hair, fabric, and more
- Making seamless repeating patterns
- Working with pattern fills
- Using filters to add texture
- Sketching with a tablet
- Creating inspiration boards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Robin Schneider and welcome to Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniques. In this course, we'll look at how to use Photoshop for rendering fashion, (mumbles) and costume illustrations. I'll start by showing you how to scan and render your own hand sketches. Then I'll show you how to use filters to create fabric textures. We'll explore how to texture map fabric so it appears to wrap around the body using transform and puppet warp. And I'll show you how to make brushes for things like faux fur and hair. This course focuses on techniques used by fashion and costume designers but has lots of great information that can be used by anyone.
It includes how to organize layers, get the most out of your brushes, and set up your files for those last minute color and fabric changes. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques that you can use to enhance your illustrations and save time. Now let's get started with Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniques.