- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Understanding the importance of Smart Filters
- Sharpening with filters
- Creative use of filter blend modes
- Painting in the effect of a filter using filter masks
- Combining filters
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Photoshop for Designers: Filters. In this course, we're gonna create good looking and practically useful image treatments with Photoshop filters using non-destructive techniques and a transparent workflow. Photoshop filters are sometimes derided as being cheap tricks, but we're gonna see how push beyond the standard results. When you combine filters and when you use filters alongside other Photoshop features, like blend modes, layer masks, and clipping groups, their creative potential increases exponentially.
When you think about how most of the filters are derived from traditional analogue techniques, you can apply them in similar ways to their traditional counterparts and you can apply them in unexpected ways, ways in which they were not necessarily intended for. So let's get started with Photoshop for Designers: Filters.
2. Sharpening: What Every Designer Needs to Know
3. Blurring for Effect
4. Artistic Filters
5. Brush Strokes Filters
6. Working with the Distort Filters
7. Effective Use of the Pixelate Filters
8. Using the Render Filters
9. Creative Use of the Sketch Filters
10. Working with the Stylize Filters
11. Using the Texture Filters
13. Applying Camera Raw as a Filter
12. Creative Use of the "Big" Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.