- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
– [Nigel] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome. This course is intended for beginning and intermediate Photoshop users. It focuses on all aspects of working with color in Photoshop. The first four chapters concentrate on defining color terms and identifying Photoshop's color specific tools and how to use them. We'll look at techniques for mixing, sampling, and saving colors, as well as understand the usage and characteristics of Photoshop's color modes. Chapters five, six, and seven are devoted to real-world techniques for working with color in Photoshop, enhancing colors, simple, yet effective, color treatments, and how to combine color and black-and-white.
If you've been using Photoshop for some time, you may be tempted to skip the first part, but even seasoned users will find some useful nuggets of information here. Many design veterans are using Photoshop without a full understanding of why colors behave the way they do, and this course can help fill in the blanks. If you're a new user, you may want to supplement this course with an introductory course like Photoshop Essential Training. Keep in mind that because of time constraints, I will, at times, need to assume a basic foundation of Photoshop knowledge.
Let's get started.
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.