Photoshop Creative Effects and Filters
In this one of-a-kind workshop Tim shares his favorite techniques for using Adobe Photoshop's effects and filters to create imaginative, out-of-the-ordinary images. He starts with simple things like black-and-white interpretations, monochromatic tints, vignettes, and film grain, then moves on to more dramatic effects like Surface Blur, Tilt-Shift Blur, Oil Paint. From there, head into "wilder territory," as Tim explores some experimental ways to stylize and distort your images.
- Working with the Filter Gallery
- Creating a black-and-white effect
- Applying a vignette
- Adding motion blur
- Creating a painterly effect with Find Edges
- Smearing with Liquify
- Mapping the image with Trace Contour
- Hi, I'm Tim Grey, and I'll be your instructor for this video training course covering a wide variety of creative effects in Photoshop. I continue to be amazed at just how many creative possibilities there are in Photoshop. I often say that the only limit is your own imagination, and that if you can imagine something, you can probably create it in Photoshop. In this course, I'll start off by sharing some of the fundamental concepts related to the use of Photoshop for creative effects, and I'll share with you a workflow recommendation that helps ensure maximum flexibility.
We'll then take a look at a series of relatively simple effects you can apply through various different adjustments and filters in Photoshop. From there, we'll start to delve into some of the basic creative filters, before heading into wild territory. We'll explore some rather extreme adjustments you can apply to your photos, as well as a variety of distortion effects that can have a dramatic impact on just about any image. My primary aim in this workshop is to help you understand what tools are available to you for creative effects in Photoshop, as well as to give you some inspiration and guidance on the specific effects that might work for a particular image.
It would be impossible to present every possibility for a tool as powerful and flexible as Photoshop, but with the knowledge you'll gain in this course, you'll be able to explore the many possibilities and then mix and match various techniques in unique and creative ways. Enjoy.
Photoshop Selections Workshop45,198 Views
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Advanced Blending305,210 Views
Nondestructive Exposure and Color Correction with Photoshop168,263 Views
Photoshop CS6 New Features Overview17,690 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effects435,621 Views
Deke's Techniques1,565,488 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,738 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,630,123 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,785,836 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,415,539 Views