Photoshop CS6 New Features
In this course, Deke McClelland offers a sneak peek at the new features in Photoshop CS6. He reveals the secrets behind the new dark interface, searchable layers, the powerful Blur Gallery, Camera Raw 7, video editing, and the Adaptive Wide Angle filter, which removes distortion from extreme wide-angle photographs and panoramas. Deke also covers the new nondestructive Crop tool, dashed strokes, paragraph and character styles, editable 3D type, and the exciting Content-Aware Move tool, which moves selections and automatically heals the backgrounds.
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Hi! I am Deke McClelland. Welcome to Photoshop CS6 New Features. Now Photoshop is perhaps the most iconic application in the world. If you are familiar with it, you know it to be almost limitless in its capabilities, but even people who have never used it know of it. Photoshop is a verb. Even in this light, Photoshop CS6 is a remarkable upgrade. For starters, there is the dark interface. It's a small change, but try going back to CS5 after working in this.
There are the layer enhancements, including the ability to search for layer names and types and apply all sorts of attributes to multiple layers at a time. There's Content-Aware Move, which lets you move a selected image element and then it automatically fills in the background. There's the Adaptive Wide Angle filter, the new Stroke-Aware Shape layers, Camera Raw 7, and a bunch of text enhancements. Oh and I almost forgot, video editing. Did I go through that too quickly? My apologies, because I felt the same way when the folks at Adobe showed these things to me the first time, and I haven't even mentioned half of it.
There's the Blur Gallery, airbrushing, Oil Paint and a world of fast, capable 3D features. The list goes on and on and on. It's all very well and good for me to tell you how huge this upgrade is, but I should probably just show you. It is my immense privilege to introduce you to Photoshop CS6.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Photoshop CS6 New Features .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 1/15/2013. What changed?
- A: The course was revised to address the new Photoshop features and enhancements bundled with the Creative Cloud update released in December 2012. We added a second chapter to the course, detailing the new enhancements. We cover the Liquify and Blur Galleries, which now support Smart Objects; creating conditional actions; auto-naming merged layers; moving a point with the Pen tool on the fly; creating global default type styles; and copying CSS code from specialty layers. We also cover two improvements to the 3D package included with Photoshop Extended: enhanced 3D lighting with 32-bit color and the new default 3D image-based light. We also updated the exercise files with new files for Chapter 2 and added an introductory video to the beginning of Chapter 2 that outlines the improvements.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)1,931,120 Views