Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Configuring the Photoshop interface
- Opening an existing image
- Basic RAW conversion
- Introduction to adjustment layers
- Reviewing adjustments
- Saving the master image
- Basic, advanced, and creative adjustments
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey, and I'll be your trainer for this video workshop aimed at helping you master an image optimization workflow in Photoshop. This is a subject I know well, having spent the last 15 years writing books and magazine articles, speaking at seminars and workshops around the world, and producing video training titles. Along the way, I've also gained a tremendous amount of real-world experience, and I'll share that with you in the lessons in this workshop. I believe in a workflow that maximizes flexibility and quality, and that's exactly what I'll guide you through.
We'll start off by looking at some of the overall concepts and workflow considerations in Photoshop. We'll then work through the basic adjustments for improving the appearance of your photos. With a strong foundation built, we'll then explore enhanced adjustment techniques, including my favorite method for dodging and burning to apply excellent control over the lighting in a photo. I'll also help you truly understand the use of curves to really take control over the look of an image. I'll also introduce you to the use of targeted adjustments to help you exercise even greater control.
Finally, I'll share some creative adjustments with you which will help you explore some additional ways you can interpret your digital photos. Along the way, you'll learn a lot and you'll have some great fun too. Let's get started.