- View Offline
- Basic concepts
- Selection tools
- Advanced selection techniques
- Creating composite images
- Applying targeted adjustments
- Creating a vignette effect with masking
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello I'm Tim Grey, I'm a self confessed control freak so as a photographer I really appreciate the power of Photoshop. When it comes to exercising control, optimizing the appearance or perhaps creative effects for your photographic images, to me there's nothing more powerful than then ability to create composite images and to apply targeted adjustments in Photoshop. In this course I'll start off by teaching you some of the the key concepts related to selections and layer masks in Photoshop. I'll then guide you through all of the selection tools Photoshop offers so you'll understand how to put them to use.
Then we'll delve into some more sophisticated techniques for creating and fine tuning selections. To ease our way into the use of layer masks I'll show you a number of techniques for creating composite images, blending elements from two or more photos. We'll then focus on what is easily my favorite topic in Photoshop, the targeted adjustment. You'll see how you can employ selections or painting to identify which areas of a photo you want to adjust in a particular way. And how to use sophisticated techniques to maximize the flexibility of your workflow and the quality of your results.
When you finish this course you'll have an arsenal of powerful tools that will allow you to truly maximize your ability to create remarkable images. So join me as we work together to master the incredible capabilities of selections and layer masking in Photoshop.