Photoshop Artist in Action: Tim Grey's Photo Optimization Techniques
In this course Tim Grey takes a unique approach to teaching you to optimize your images in Photoshop. Rather than focusing on a particular "category" of adjustments, or being organized strictly by topic, this course will concentrate on specific images. Work along with Tim as he examines each image, sets goals for the final result, and optimizes the image based on those goals. Along the way you'll gain insights into tonal and color adjustments, image cleanup techniques, creative effects, and much more.
- RAW conversion and processing
- Spot removal
- Cropping and straightening
- Adding local contrast
- Black-and-white conversion
- Correcting perspective with Transform
- Enhancing detail with High Pass
- Applying HDR tone-mapping
- Adding a custom vignette
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey. I've spent most of my adult life helping photgraphers improve their photographic images, both in the initial capture and also through post processing with a variety of tools. When I spend time with photographers in a hands-on environment, one of the most frequent requests is for me to simply think out loud while optimizing an image, so those in attendance can get a better sense of how I make decisions about an image, and how I approach various adjustments in a real world scenario. In this course, I'm going to do exactly that, enabling you to look over my shoulder as I work on some of my favorite images.
In the process of exploring adjustments for a variety of images, you'll gain insights into a variety of potential methods for interpreting your photos. I'll talk about my reasons for capturing the image and the decisions that went into that capture and also talk about my intent for the photo. I'll then take you step-by-step through the process of working toward that goal. I think you'll find this course to be informative and entertaining and I believe it will help you gain a better understanding of how to approach an image to produce a truly optimized photograph and how to make decisions in the process.
So, let's get started.
Photoshop Color Correction: Low Contrast20,485 Views
Photoshop Color Correction: Dark Color Cast21,216 Views
Photoshop Artist in Action: Tim Grey's Abandoned Farmhouse22,654 Views
Photoshop Color Correction: Extreme Color Cast23,242 Views
Optimal Output with Photoshop CS632,871 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,784,856 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,408,723 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,357 Views
Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training620,239 Views