Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Perspective Grid, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Before I start the actual drawing,…I want to create a perspective grid.…because my drawing is going to be a perspective drawing…and pespective grid will help me a great deal…to draw in the right perspective.…I zoom out of my digital canvas…to see it in its whole extent.…On a real piece of paper I would most probably…use a large ruler now to draw perspective lines.…In photoshop, I like to use the pen tool to do that.…
A very nice feature of the pen tool is…that you can use it even outside your digital canvas.…So I can put a point here, way outside of my canvas.…Now I want to create a straight line across my canvas,…so I click for a second time over here,…and these two clicks get connected with this vector path.…Now that's all what I'm doing with the pen tool.…I'm now changing over to the direct selection tool…and now I can pick this point and drag it around.…
This vector path now effectively becomes my ruler.…Can also pick this point here.…Now I want to duplicate this line.…I want to make a complete grid,…not only a single line.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.