Learn how to use the Pen tool to make selections and save the paths.
- [Instructor] If you're comfortable…working in Illustrator, you might want…to use the pen tool to make your selections.…There's one in Photoshop, and it works…just like the one in Illustrator.…If I click and hold on it, you can see…all the different versions of the pen tool,…including the convert point tool,…or convert anchor point tool…as it's called in Illustrator,…that lets you make edits.…So let me show you how I like to use the tool.…The trick to using this tool is starting at a point.…So let me grab the pen tool.…You're gonna start at a corner point,…and the next click you make when…you're coming around a curve…is when the curve starts to change direction.…
So I'm gonna follow this curve around till about here,…and then click and drag in the direction I'm headed.…If the handle you pull out crosses the path…that you want to continue,…you need to alt click on the anchor point…to remove the handle,…and then you can click in the next point and drag.…You can also hold the alt key…to move the handle in a different direction.…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.