In this video, refine the midground of your illustration.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to paint the mid ground … and one thing that I'm going to do different … than with the foreground … is that before I lock the transparency on the layer here, … I want to get rid of some artifacts … that we find in the layers. … Because we have cut out the different elements, … we have these white fringes here … around the layer borders … and we can get rid of them … by simply painting in the underlying layer … and that's what I am doing right now. … I'm using a big brush here … and as you can see there's a hue variation on it … because I want to bring some color variations … into the mid-ground here right from the beginning … and I just paint along the borders … of the foreground layer … to get rid of those white fringes here … and this works pretty nicely. … Let's also do it here on top. … And now we can actually lock the transparency … of the mid-ground layer, … zoom out a little bit … and start painting in the mid-ground here. … And our main task will be to render the hills here …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.