Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting the midground, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We have finished work on our foreground layer and now…let's make our mid-ground layer visible and let's…work on it too, just the way we did it with the foreground.…This time we will start with three values or three colors…right from the beginning.…In the foreground we started with just two colors,…but now we have a highlight, a mid-tone…and a shadow color here.…I just want to show you that you can…work with that too,…and actually it's a matter of practice and experience…how many colors and values you can manage at a time.…
And I would just advise you to start with very few colors…in the beginning, maybe just only two…like we did on the foreground,…and if you start to feel more comfortable,…just add another color to the mix…and in no time, you will be able to handle…a whole bunch of colors at a time.…As I said, the general philosophy behind this…is to break down a complex task to…separate, simpler tasks,…but if the simpler tasks…start to bore you,…if you want to have a bigger challenge in your work,…you can always merge tasks and like here,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.