By adding additional colors and refining the shapes of the objects in your scene, finish the foreground of your illustration.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to introduce more colors … into our painting … and we want to concentrate on the space truck here … in the foreground. … Let's turn on the drawing again in our layer palette, … and let's refine some of the color applications here. … Maybe we can even … do a few more strokes here with a color … that already exists on the canvas, … adding some shadows here under these structures, … but now we're pretty much done … with what we can achieve with the colors … that we already have. … We now have to introduce more colors … in order to refine the shape here of the space truck. … Let's pick up the mid-ground color here … and darken it a little bit in our color palette. … And with a darkened version of this color, … we can now work on all the … planes that face down … that do not receive the light from the sky … because they are facing towards the ground. … This is the same … as we did with the rocks, … so we established a general light direction, … diffused light from the sky, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.