Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting the foreground: Part 2, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So, we have our Foreground layer…painted in two distinct colors.…And now, we want to add more colors…to this Foreground layer.…And I'm going to start with a darker color.…And I'm picking the dark color that we have here,…and I will just go further down our color field,…towards black.…And with this darker color now,…I can paint in those cavities here, in the cracks,…and I can paint into the dark sides,…into the shadowy parts of our rocks…and define the structures that we can't see yet.…
And as you might see, with a third color,…we already start to really get a feeling…for the geometry of these rocks.…They start to look like actual,…three-dimensional structures.…And that's the whole point, actually.…You often put a lot of effort…to shade and detail structures.…It can take hours and hours.…And often you make the mistake--…well, at least in my eyes it's a mistake--…to go into too much detail…and into too much different colors and shades.…
Often, all these different shades and colors…are not even needed to make it work.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.