In this video, start rendering the foreground of your illustration by rearranging only the color that is already on the digital canvas.
- [Instructor] We are now ready … for rendering our digital painting. … And I want to start with the foreground, … so I go to the layer palette … and select the foreground layer. … And since we have so neatly selected … all the elements that are … in the foreground entrance for … that selection into its own layer, … we want to turn on the lock transparent … pixel options here in the layer palette. … So that now we cannot paint beyond the … shape that is defined in our foreground layer. … Now, let's zoom in a little bit. … And now, what I want to concentrate on … in this first step, is to bring … the color that is already on our … digital canvas into the right spots. … So, I'm picking up the color by … holding the ALT key and clicking … onto a spot … on the digital canvas … and then I pick up the color … and paint it where I want to have it. … It's final position. … Because our preliminary drawing … deviates quite a bit from our initial … color sketch, so there are many colors here, … especially in the space truck, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.