Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting the foreground: Part 1, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Now that we have organized our…illustration on separate layouts,…we can start painting and I will work on each…of these layers individually…and I will actually turn off the other layers…and the white of the background…is a little bit too distracting.…I'm choosing black here, put it in the background.…Now I can concentrate on my foreground layer…so the first thing I'm going to do is…to refine the contour here…because I have created it with the lesser tool,…it is very clean, like cut out with a knife…and I want it to become a little bit more painterly…and for that, I unlock the transparency of the pixels…and just paint along the lines here…and the fact that I'm using a brush with a bristle quality…helps me to create a more painterly edge here.…
Actually, I want to show you how to…start the painting of a nature structure…like these rocks here with just two colors.…So I will eliminate this light color here…because we basically had three different colors here,…the midtone, the darker violet tone and this light tone here…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.