Among other tools, use the Mixer brush and some image adjustments to refine the background of your illustration.
- [Instructor] Now we want to refine … the background of our space scene here. … And just like with the midground the first thing … that I want to do is to pick some colors here … from the background and expand it … over here so that we get rid of the ugly white fringes … around the different objects. … And here we can see that we are actually … refining the shape of the planet quite a bit … by painting with our background color. … And here in the corners we have these little brown … brushstrokes we also get rid of those. … Now we have a nice clean background … let's switch to the planet … because here the planet also needs to go … below the midground layer. … We have to expand the color application … so that we get rid of all the white fringes. … If we zoom in now we see that … there is no longer any white fringes. … That's very good and now we can start to work. … Actually I want to stay on the planet here. … I lock the transparency, … there we go. … And now I want to switch to the mixer brush …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.