Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting the far background, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Here, we are.…We have our foreground, mid-ground…and background developed very far.…Again, please note that I have refined the edges…of the palace a little bit.…And I have also painted the rocks at its foot.…I have not recorded that because we've seen enough of that…in the foreground and mid-ground painting.…And now we want to paint the background with a cloud.…So let's zoom in here a little bit…and let's just go right into this cloud.…
And again I'm using a technique…where I first try to define…the cloud structure with just two colors.…And my job now is to refine the edges of the cloud.…The cloud was pretty angular in the drawing,…but now I'm going to round the forms a little bit…and my brush helps me with that because it has…theses bristles that create a diffused edge by default,…that's very suitable for painting clouds.…
And using this approach with the two colors…really is helpful to learn the power…of shape design and texture.…Because what we can see here is that it…makes a great difference if you're painting…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.