In this video, use the Paint Bucket tool and adjust its basic settings in order to fill large areas with a flat color.
- The brush tool is by far the most important tool … for applying color to our digital canvas. … However, there are a few more tools for color application … and one of them is the Paint Bucket tool. … The Paint Bucket tool, we can fill large areas … of color on our digital canvas with a new color. … By clicking anywhere here onto our clear canvas … the whole canvas gets filled … with our current active foreground color. … Now, the paint bucket tool is aware … of the color that already is on the canvas. … And to show you that, I will quickly … paint a few lines here on our digital canvas … to create a series of fields. … Now, back in the Paint Bucket tool, … I will change a different color … and if I now click into one of these fields, … Photoshop will see the boundary … and will only fill the area inside these boundaries. … Same is true here, … and here. … However, that's only true if up here in the options bar, … the option contiguous is checked. … If it's not checked, and I click on one of these colors …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.