Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Paint Bucket, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We've talked a lot about the brush tool…but there are actually more tools…we can use to bring color to the digital canvas.…For example, the paint bucket tool.…The paint bucket tool fills an area…of our digital canvas with a flat color.…So, let's say take a green color.…If I now click into my clear canvas,…it's filled with my chosen color.…What I can also do is, if I have an area…in my image that is defined by a clear boundary,…I can fill only this area.…
If I take my paint bucket tool now…and choose a new color and click into…this rectangle here, the paint bucket…will only fill the rectangle.…But, be careful.…If my border is not completely closed,…you will end up to fill…the whole canvas again with the paint bucket…because the paint leaks through…this opening here.…
Let's just make some more boundaries…to experiment with the paint bucket tool.…You can use the paint bucket with transparency…so we can lower the opacity here in the Options bar…and if we now fill this little square,…it won't be filled with full opacity…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.