Join Julieanne Kost to take a look at optimization and playback options for actions as well as saving actions as text files.
- [Instructor] I want to take a moment to mention…a few tips regarding optimization and playback…if you're batch processing a high volume of images.…The first way that we can optimize playback…is by going under the Preferences,…and then Performance.…If you're running an action that has…a number of different commands in it,…and you're trying to run that on hundreds of images,…you might want to decrease the number of history states…down to zero so that Photoshop doesn't have to…use its memory or RAM in order to hold…all of that history.…
Just don't forget to increase it when you're done…with your batch processing.…Another thing that can speed up Photoshop…is from the History panel,…use the fly-out menu and select History Options,…and you can disable this first feature…to Automatically Create First Snapshot.…Again, this is a memory issue.…If you uncheck this, then Photoshop's going to be…taking up less memory with every image that it opens.…Of course if you need that snapshot in your action,…or if you're just running a few images…
- Quickly saving images as different file types
- Creating single and multi-step actions
- Saving and loading actions
- Inserting stops, menu items, and conditionals
- Tips for working with layers
- Using the Batch command
- Creating droplets
- Automatically creating graphics from layers using generators
- Working with variables and scripts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Quickly Saving Images as Different File Types
2. Action Essentials
3. Tips and Tricks for Recording Actions
4. Using the Batch Command
5. Droplets, Variables, and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.