Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Onion skinning, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
While you might be used to Rotoscoping perhaps in an application like After …Effects, or using a plugin for your editing system. …Photoshop actually gives you really lovely controls for doing the same thing. …And in order to produce your Rotoscoped animation, there's an Onion Skinning mode …for the animation Timeline. And you turn it on by clicking this …button at the bottom of the panel, Toggle Onion Skins. …Now just to show you how this works, I'm going to do some simple painting. …I'm going to get my paintbrush here. It's a 40 pixel brush head, it's fine.…
And I'm just going to animate a line around the hands here that are holding …hands in this video. Now under the panel menu, for the …animation Timeline panel, I've turned on Enable Timeline Shortcut Keys. …And this means that I can use the Cursor Arrow keys to move backwards and forwards …one frame at a time, on the Timeline. Okay, that's good. …So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to turn on Onion Skinning and you'll notice that …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.