Mike Rankin continues his look at permissions and licensing of images for the Photoshop ACA exam. He explains when and how to obtain permission to use images of people and locations, including issues such as model releases and location releases.
- [Instructor] To continue our look at permissions … and licensing of images let's consider when and how … to obtain permission to use images of people and locations. … First with regard to people, you should understand … what a model release is. … This is an agreement signed by someone you photograph … granting you permission to use their image. … And you need to get a signed model release … any time you intend to use a photo that you've taken … that shows the face, or identifiable features of a person. … Regardless of whether or not you're actually paying … that person as a model you should get … the model release signed before you start shooting. … Most commonly model releases are used … in fashion photography, and you can read … and download examples of model release forms … on the internet. … You do not need to get a signed model release … when you're taking pictures of people in public … since there is no expectation of privacy there. … However you can't sell those pictures … without obtaining a model release. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.